Some emails don’t require an immediate response, but they do need to be handled before the time you have scheduled to review items in your “to-do” folder. These items can still be moved to your to-do-folder so they’re not clogging your inbox, but you’ll want to make sure you have a reminder to take care of them before a deadline.
- Create a reminder by adding these emails to Outlook’s task list.
- Drag the email and drop it on Outlook’s task list icon.
- Add a due date and set a date and time to receive a reminder. Save the task.
- You can now hover your cursor over the task list icon to see a quick view of your task list, organised by due date. Click on the task list icon to open your to-do list and review the respective tasks.
- If you set a reminder, the task will pop up like a meeting reminder at the specified time.
- When the task is complete, mark it as such to remove the task from your to-do list. Open the task by double-clicking it and click the “Mark Complete” button—or just press the Insert key to quickly mark the item complete.